We received some very exciting news. The Dekko Foundation has approved the Studio for a $10,000 matching grant! The purpose of the grant is to help provide operational support for the work we are doing. We are so grateful for the timing of this opportunity as we wrap up our summer camps in a few weeks and begin to prepare for a full schedule of fall classes.
Dekko will match donations, dollar for dollar up to $10,000 which would help us to raise a total of $20,000. However, there is one important condition to this grant. In order for the funding to be matched, donations must come from people who are part of our community. Dekko wants to see the people of Kosciusko County rally around the Studio. That is why we are writing you.
Would you please consider supporting us in this tremendous matching opportunity?
As of releasing this blog post, we’ve raised $1,160 to be matched by Dekko. We are over 10% of the way there and would love your help in seeing this funded 100% before Labor Day.
This summer has already been so encouraging and such a blessing to see the ways the Studio has been used.
- We hosted a Foster Family appreciation dinner for 12 foster families
- We’ve had 45 kids attend our first three camps (View highlight video here.)
- We’ve scholarshiped 12 children for camp
- We’ve hosted one free birthday party for a foster child and her family.
- We had 22 ladies attend our last ladies night
- We’ve hosted a couple of fun family paint days in the studio
- We have created a partnership with our local Department of Child Services and hosted another training for foster families on July 18
To be a couple of months in and see the vision of this place working has been so encouraging to our team. We are seeing relationships being built, mom’s being encouraged, children being inspired, and art becoming more accessible to our community. All of this has left us with a hunger and passion for seeing the opportunities grow. This grant from the Dekko Foundation will go a long way in helping us to set up a solid foundation for our fall.
Every bit helps and will make a difference. And remember, for every dollar you give, it’s like giving two!
For the team,
*As a reminder, we are an IRS approved 501(c)3 organization, which makes your donations tax deductible.